Huma Khan asked 9 months ago

Asalaamou Alaikum Respected Sheikh,
I pray you are in the best of health in-Shaa’Allah.
I would like to know if the husband in a marriage is not providing for his family and does not take responsibility for them, is the woman allowed to apply for khulla? 
If so, what is the process according to Islamic Law? 
Jazaak-Allah khair.
Illtemas e Dua 

1 Answers
Fadhel Al-Sahlani Staff answered 9 months ago

Salamun Alaikum! Hope you are doing well. We are sorry for replying you late.
If there is no option to continue good relationship with husband then wife has the right for Khula’. I suggest to seek help for counselling before taking Khula but if you are confident to make a decision then you can visit or call us for Khula’, Monday to Saturday at our office time 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at
1.718.297-6520 Ext 113 or 130