KhumsAuthor ""Khums
Zehra asked 4 years ago

Assalamu Alaikum,
My question is can one give Khums to their children if they are not dependent on them and are in need of money? Does it matter if Syed or Non Syed OR if one parent is Syed?

1 Answers
Fadhel Al-Sahlani Staff answered 5 years ago

Assalamu Alaikum,
If they are SADAA, they may be given the portion od Sadaat. SAYED who is related to the Prophet (A.S) through the Father side. If they are not, it is necessary to take the authority from the Maraja’e to distribute the right of the IMAM Portion. If the Children are young, the father is obligated to spend on them.

Imam Al-Khoei Islamic Center Administration.