Disclosing mother’s sinCategory: QuestionsAuthor "fiqh department"Disclosing mother’s sin
Jacob asked 8 months ago

Let’s say a woman who is shia muslim and lives in a western country, went to a western court and filed for a divorce from her shia muslim husband due to years of marital issues. The non-shar’i’ divorce was granted to her, afterwards she moved out of the house and moved in with a strange christian man instead while living separately from her husband. The eldest son knows about this situation, and the mother tells him that she had sex with the strange christian man. What should the eldest son do about this situation and must he tell his father about what his mother is doing?

1 Answers
Fiqh Department Staff answered 8 months ago

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
We hope this answer finds you in high Islamic spirit.
What she did was wrong but, since she repented to Allah, InshAllah Allah will forgive her sin. It is not recommended for the son to inform his father about the sin of his mother.