Hello, I have a question. I want to know if it is halal or haram to spay my female cat?
The vet recommended to spay the cat because it will lessen undesirable behaviours like spraying, nervousness. It will also reduce her chance of getting sick with these diseases.
- Reduced fighting and straying
- Reduced risk of feline leukemia and feline AIDS
- Spayed female cats have a lower risk of uterine (womb) infection
- Spayed female cats develop mammary (breast) cancer less often
- Neutered cats develop hormonal imbalances less often
If you can please get back to me as fast as possible as she has an appointment very soon.
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
We hope this answer reaches you in good health and Islamic spirit.
Based on your specific question and information provided.
If it is a necessity, and does not cause harm to the animal.
It is permissible.
(Allah(awj) Knows best)
If you have further questions kindly contact us at (718) 297-6520 Ext 113 Monday to Saturday between 11:AM – 3:00 PM.
Please login or Register to submit your answer